Sunday, July 30, 2006

Cedar Point Rules!

We are back from Cedar Point and we had a blast (and Tri, I did take my books with me). Our oldest son rode on several of the rides. He didn't like the Woodstock Express (a 4 on a scale of 5) which is a roller coaster. Although he did ride on it twice. All in all the day went very well considering we had two kids under 3 with us and we were at the park from 11:30 AM until 10:00 PM. It was a long day for all of us.
I'm getting close to finishing my first class, Statistics. I need to work on the Accounting class. I have about 7 chapters to read in the next 3 weeks. School is going ok, I'm just starting to think about how the online classes are going to go and how much time I'll need to spend on it. As my sister, Tri, said in a comment to my last post, I'm the same guy I was in college. I was able to effectively manage classes, sports, recreation, and social without missing out on anything (except for missing one test due to a scheduling error). Anyway that was a long time ago and I have learned a lot since then.
On top of everything else, I'm thinking about running in a 15 K in September as part of my training for the Indy Mini Marathon in May 2007. My goal is to run the mini in under 2 hours. Oh and I think I will be seeded in the mini. I ran a 5K time of 25 minutes and change and that qualifies me to be seeded (or I think it was stated as preferred, but I sound better being seeded). I just read last night in my Runner's World magazine about an 81 year old guy who can still break 7 minutes a mile. So I guess I still have some time to get to that 6 minute per mile goal of mine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home